Monday Night Football, one of the most iconic programmes in sports broadcasting, will be aired in the UK on British Eurosport during the upcoming NFL season.
Beginning with a double header this coming Monday night (September 9), British Eurosport will air a total of 17 MNF match-ups this season as part of a 2-year agreement with the National Football League.
David Kerr, Managing Director of British Eurosport said: “NFL Monday Night Football is iconic sport television and represents an exciting new addition to our channel line-up. After a strong summer on the channel with events like the Tour de France and French and US Open tennis, NFL Monday Night football is another premium property to take us into autumn.
“We will show all our Monday Night Football Live and in HD and support that with extended highlights played out in UK prime time the following night. We now cannot wait to start our live broadcasts in just a few days’ time with the Philadelphia Eagles at the Washington Redskins and the Houston Texans at the San Diego Chargers.”
Alistair Kirkwood, Managing Director of NFL UK, said: “We are very pleased to be entering a new agreement with British Eurosport to bring one of our top games of the week to fans in the UK. The NFL has never been more popular in the UK and the breadth of our broadcast partnerships is a testament to the excitement of our sport. British Eurosport will help us to give our fans even more NFL football and will enable us to reach out to new fans.”
The new season of Monday Night Football begins with the Philadelphia Eagles visiting the Washington Redskins (kickoff 00:10 a.m.), followed by the Houston Texans at the San Diego Chargers (kickoff 3:20 a.m.).
Monday Night Football has been a highlight of the NFL week since its launch in 1970 and has featured some of the most famous games in NFL history. This year’s full MNF schedule:
- Week 1 Philadelphia Eagles at Washington Redskins
- Week 1 Houston Texans at San Diego Chargers
- Week 2 Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals
- Week 3 Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos
- Week 4 Miami Dolphins at New Orleans Saints
- Week 5 New York Jets at Atlanta Falcons
- Week 6 Indianapolis Colts at San Diego Chargers
- Week 7 Minnesota Vikings at New York Giants
- Week 8 Seattle Seahawks at St Louis Rams
- Week 9 Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers
- Week 10 Miami Dolphins at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Week 11 New England Patriots at Carolina Panthers
- Week 12 San Francisco 49ers at Washington Redskins
- Week 13 New Orleans Saints at Seattle Seahawks
- Week 14 Dallas Cowboys at Chicago Bears
- Week 15 Baltimore Ravens at Detroit Lions
- Week 16 Atlanta Falcons at San Francisco 49ers
British Eurosport and British Eurosport 2 are available on BT TV, Sky, Virgin Media and UPC in Ireland. Viewers can also subscribe directly to the Eurosport player. Subscriptions range from £3.99 to £5.99 per month, depending on the length of contract. Full details at www.eurosportplayer.co.uk